Using Digital Tools To Amplify Student Voice
#iPDX16 | AcceleratED & IntegratED
Why Are We Here?
Time Allotted 8:00am - 8:20am
Graffiti Gist Protocol
The Graffiti Gist Protocol in action! Photo Credit: Nancy Mangum
How can we leverage technology to amplify student voice?
- Have each person at your table select one of the resources below to read, watch & explore. No two people should be exploring the same resource within your group.
As you explore the resources below, consider the following:
- Why is amplifying student voice essential?
- What types of things are you already doing to amply student voice?
- What can you do more of (or do better) to make sure all students have the opportunity to share their voice?
- READ / WATCH / EXPLORE your resources.
- SELECT or CREATE one (1) statement that represents your biggest "aha" or take away from the resource(s) you explored.
- Graffiti WRITE your phrase or statement on your chart paper at your table.
Time Allotted 8:20 - 8:40
- DISCUSS your resources with your table. In 90 seconds or less, each person will take turns sharing the resources they explored and their implications for teaching and learning.
- Everyone else will LISTEN and use the chart paper to free write individual and collective thoughts on the chart paper as you discuss as a group. Free write as much as you would like from the discussion.
Time Allotted 8:40 - 8:55
- Based on your small group conversations, CIRCLE the EIGHT (8) most important words on your poster as a group. These words may be found in either your statements or from your free writing.
Time Allotted 9:10 - 9:15
- Use the eight words you circled to come up with a vision statement for using technology to harness student voice.
Time Allotted 9:15 - 9:30
Share and Reflect
First: With your shoulder partner share a way that you are already empowering student voice in your class, school or district.
Next: Use Dotstorming to share one NEW strategy for using technology to amplify student voice that you'd like to implement with your students/teachers.
Time Allotted 9:30- 9:45pm
Back to main page: http://bit.ly/ipdx16_lagarde