Using Digital Tools To Tell Your Story
#iPDX16 | AcceleratED & IntegratED
Why Are We Here?
You First: Use Socrative to tell me a little bit about you!
Time Allotted 10:45 - 11:05
Graffiti Gist Protocol
The Graffiti Gist Protocol in action! Photo Credit: Nancy Mangum
How can we leverage social media to tell the stories our students deserve? And how do we pick the best tool(s) for the job? Today we will use the Graffiti Gist Protocol to explore these questions.
- Have each person at your table select one of the resources below to read, watch & explore. No two people should be exploring the same resource within your group.
As you explore the resources below, consider the following:
- What story are these administrators trying to tell?
- What story will YOU be trying to tell?
- Who is their target audience?
- Who is YOUR target audience?
- READ / WATCH / EXPLORE your resources.
- SELECT or CREATE one (1) statement that describes the most significant advantage of using this tool to tell the story of your work with teachers and students.
- Graffiti WRITE your phrase or statement on your chart paper at your table.
Time Allotted 11:05 - 11:25
- DISCUSS your resources with your table. In 90 seconds or less, each person will take turns sharing what they saw and how they decided on the single most significant advantage of using the tool they explored.
- Everyone else will LISTEN and use the chart paper to free write individual and collective thoughts on the chart paper as you discuss as a group. Free write as much as you would like from the discussion.
Time Allotted 11:25-11:35
- Based on your small group conversations, CIRCLE the EIGHT (8) most important words on your poster as a group. These words may be found in either your statements or from your free writing. Then use these EIGHT words to write a statement summarizing what your group feels is the KEY to successfully using social media to tell your story.
Time Allotted 11:35 - 11:45
Share and Reflect
Use Dot Storming to share your group's KEY to successfully using social media to tell your story.
Time Allotted 11:45 - 12:00pm
Back to main page: http://bit.ly/ipdx16_lagarde